1. What do we learn about Jewish wedding customs from reading the parables in Matthew 22:1-12 and 25:1-10?
2. Name the disciples of Jesus to this point from chapter one.
3. What are some possible meanings for the answer Jesus gave his mother in verse 4 when he stated - “My time has not yet come”?
1. From verse 11 what can you determine were the 2 results of the miracle Jesus performed?
2. From reading verse 16, and Matthew 21:13, what was the reason Jesus drove the people and animals from the temple courts?
Because they had turned the temple into a market where they cheated the people who desired to worship God
3. Compare the reaction of the disciples and the Jewish leaders to Jesus’ clearing of the moneychangers and animals.
1. In response to the Jewish leaders request for a miracle to show authorization for Jesus’ clearing of the temple courts, Jesus states: “Destroy this temple and I will raise it up in three days”. What do you think is the most remarkable aspect of Jesus response?
Some might say these are the most remarkable aspects:
2. Where in Scripture is the body of the believer referred to as a temple?
3. In your opinion, why do you think Jesus never explained the reference to himself as the temple?
Scripture does not tell us but perhaps:
1. What are the 3 things mentioned in verse 22 concerning Jesus’ disciples that occurred after the resurrection?
2. Read Acts 2:29-32. What Old Testament scripture predicted the resurrection of Jesus?
3. Verse 23 states Jesus did many miracles while at the Passover Feast in Jerusalem. These miracles are not described, but from the following verses, describe their impact.
1. From verse 24, what two things did Jesus not do?
2. From verses 24 and 25, what reasons are given for Jesus decisions?
3. What might Jesus have seen in the people that caused him to not entrust himself to the people of Jerusalem?
Perhaps it was:
1. What is about your life that Jesus overlooks and loves you?
In my life he overlooks and loves me in spite of:
2. From the first 2 chapters of John, give 2 examples of Jesus’ power of knowing things about men without having been revealed to him by men.