This webpage provides answers for the Genesis Bible study daily questions on chapter ten.
We pray that God will provide you with
revelation of his will for your life as you study His Holy Word.
Click here to download a worksheet with answers (PDF file) to compare your answers for the lineage of Noah.
1. Once you see the worksheet, print it out and study Genesis Chapter 10 so you can fill in the names for each box with a border. This gives you a picture of the family tree of Noah given to us in Genesis Chapter 10.
Hint: all names belonging in the boxes with a border are fathers
2. Now that you have filled in all the boxes with a border on them you can see the family tree of Noah. Now highlight or trace the line from Noah to Abram on the chart. This is the earthly lineage of the Savior Jesus Christ.
Click here to download a worksheet with the Christ line highlighted in gold (PDF file) to compare your answer.
3. Verses 5, 20, & 31 gives us a four-fold division of each family. What are the four categories?
NIV- territory, clans, nation, language
KJV- land, family, nation, tongue
4. How are the descendants of Noah depicted in Ezekiel 38:1-6? Which line is mentioned?
They are attacking Israel The line of Japeth is mentioned.
5. In Ezekiel 38:13 another line is mentioned. Which is it and what are they doing?
The line of Ham - They are weakly trying to confront their attackers.
6. Can you determine which of the three families of Noah you probably trace your lineage to?
Why do we take pride in our ancestry? Many times we hear people say such things as: “I am ¾ Italian, ¼ German etc.” Why does this mean so much to some folks?
Whatever the reason we do these things, they are really silly when you think about it. We all have the same ancestors really and we should think of ourselves as God thinks of us. God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) and therefore, we should not be either. Learn More About Pride in this Bible Study
7. How do the four divisions mentioned in verses 5, 20,
& 31 appear in Revelation 5:9 and what do we learn about Jesus as He
relates to these four categories?
The same categories are there in reference to Jesus Christ. His blood
purchased men for God from every race and place in the world. We see
the beginning of God’s plan to populate the earth in Genesis and the
reason why in Revelation.
8. What are these same peoples doing in Revelation 7:9 & 10?
They are standing before the throne, in front of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, giving glory to Him.