Colossians Chapter 1 - This is the first of four weekly Bible studies on the Book of Colossians. In this study we will see the supremacy of Jesus Christ, the greatness of His reconciliation between mankind and God Almighty, and the great example of the Apostle Paul in his sacrificial service for the Lord.
Colossians Bible Commentary
Did you know we offer a free commentary on the Books of Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon? This 241 page free resource is the perfect Colossians Bible Study aid. It's authored by Dr. Bob Utley and offered to you through our partnership with Bible Lessons International.
Just click here
Roman ruins in a town near Colosea in modern day Turkey
1. Review the first three verses of this first chapter of Colossians to answer the following questions:
2. What 2 reasons are given for the author to thank God for the Colossians in verse 4?
3. Who previously taught the Colossians the truth of the Gospel?
1. From verses 9, 10, and 11, list the things that Paul is praying will happen.
2. List the things God has accomplished on your behalf through Christ Jesus from verses 12, 13, and 14.
1. List the attributes of Jesus Christ from verses 15, 16, 17, and 18.
2. Have you ever wondered what Jesus Christ may have looked like? What do you imagine when you think of him? How do you see him in your mind?
1. From verses 21 and 22, identify what your condition was before and after you were reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.
2. Why is God or Jesus Christ represented by light? Why is evil or Satan represented by darkness? How are these symbols helpful to our understanding and an accurate representation of the truth?
1. Where was the town or city of Colosse?
2. What is meant in verse 24 where Paul states that he “. . . fills up his flesh what is still lacking in Christ’s afflictions?”
1. What is the mystery mentioned in verse 26 that was hidden for ages and generations?
2. Why was it necessary for God to hide the mystery?
Click Here to Compare Your Answers for Colossians Chapter 1
We pray this Bible study lesson has blessed you.