The Gospel of John Chapter 9 tells the story of Jesus healing a man born blind and reveals spiritual blindness in the Pharisees.
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible.
After you've read the Scripture passage below, answer the following questions. It's a good idea to do them every day.
Answer the questions below.
You can download these questions to study on your own or with a partner if you like, or we can email the daily questions to you.
If you want us to email the daily questions, just complete the form below. You will get 6 emails with the questions for each day. A seventh email will allow you to compare your answers and take you to Chapter 10.
Simply click here to download a workbook.
1. What was the purpose given by Jesus for the man being born blind in verse 3?
2. Read the following passages of Scripture:
After reading these passages and this chapter of the Gospel of John, what can we conclude about sin and its relationship to suffering or sickness?
3. How was the work of God displayed in the life of the man born blind?
1. Put yourself in the man born blind’s shoes. How do you think he felt at the following stages of the story? What 2 or 3 words do you think he might have said aloud or to himself at each stage of his story as provided here in the Gospel of John Chapter 9?
1. Why was the man born blind brought to the Pharisees?
2. Why were the Pharisees having a hard time with the blind man’s story?
1. Why did the Pharisees summon the blind man’s parents as provided in verse 18?
2. What did the Pharisees try to persuade the blind man to say in verse 24 and what does it indicate about their character?
1. Who could the Pharisees called as a witness that might have settled the whole matter for them? In your opinion, why wasn’t he called?
2. Where is it prophesied in the Old Testament that the Messiah would open the eyes of the blind?
1. What 2 places in the New Testament did Jesus indicate that opening the eyes of the blind was an indication he was the Messiah?
2. Jesus stated the Pharisees were not blind and that they claimed they could see in verse 41. What could they not see and what do you think was the sin they were they guilty of?
We pray this study of the Gospel of John Chapter 9 has been a blessing to you.
Click Here to Compare Your Answers for Gospel of John Chapter 9