This Bible study is based on the Gospel of John Chapter 4 which a remarkable story. It begins at Jacob’s well where Jesus talking to a Samaritan woman.
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you've read the Scripture passage below, answer the following questions. It's a good idea to do them every day, so we offer to email the questions to you every day - just sign up below.
Answer the questions below. You can download these questions to work on your own, or we can email the daily questions to you.
If you want the questions emailed to you, complete the form below. You will get 6 emails with questions for each day of this Bible study of the Gospel of John Chapter 4. A seventh email will compare your answers and take you to Chapter 5.
1. What was it that persuaded Jesus to leave Judea as shown at the beginning of the Gospel of John Chapter 4?
2. What do we learn of the background of the Samaritan people from 2 Kings 17:22-41?
3. Do you see any irony in verses 7 through 15; if so, what is it?
1. Describe what do you think may have been the Samaritan woman’s changing perception of Jesus from his questions or statements to her as outlined below from verses 7 through 18:
2. What about a person’s physical appearance, social standing or cultural differences causes you to hesitate to speak to them, associate with them or tell them of Jesus Christ?
Share an experience when have you been able to overlook these aspects of a person or when someone has overlooked your circumstances to share the gospel.
3. Read the following verses Jeremiah 2:13, Jeremiah 17:13, Gospel of John 7:37-39 and Revelation 7:17.
What did Jesus mean by the term “living water” in verse 10 and “the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life” in verse 14?
1. Why did Jesus ask the woman to call her husband and come back in the verse 16 if he knew she had no husband as shown in verses 17 and 18?
2. The woman basically agreed Jesus was right about the man she was with was not her husband in her statement "Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.” What are the possible reasons for her turning the conversation to a topic of the difference of places of worship?
3. List 5 truths from Jesus’ statement to the woman in verses 21 through 24.
1. Do you think the woman believed Jesus’ statement of these truths in the verses 21-24? Why or why not?
2. In verse 29 the woman said to the townspeople "Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?" What strikes you about how she explains her conversation with Jesus?
3. List 3 things the woman actually knows about Jesus based on her encounter with him.
1. List 5 things Jesus tells his disciples in the Gospel of John Chapter 4 verses 35-38.
2. Why did Jesus say what is related in the Gospel of John Chapter 4 verses 34-38 to his disciples and what lesson for daily living do we learn from this?
3. Contrast the focus and results of Jesus to the focus and results of his disciples.
1. Read Matthew 13:53-58 and Mark 6:1-6. What are the three examples Jesus gives for the types of people who would not honor him?
2. Why is it hard for a prophet to be honored in his own country?
3. What actions indicated the faith of the royal official?
Has this study of the Gospel of John Chapter 4 blessed you?
If it has and you would like to leave a comment on the website just click here to tell us about your blessing. We pray that God continues to bless you as you study His Holy Word
Click Here to Compare Your Answers for Gospel of John Chapter 4