The Gospel of John Chapter 10 reveals Jesus Christ as a the Good Shepherd.
He causes so much controversy in Jerusalem that the Jewish religious leaders surround Him and ask him to tell them plainly if He is the Christ. Learn what Jesus tells them as you study the Great Shepard in the Gospel of John who laid down his life for you and me.
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you have read the Scripture passage below, answer the following questions. It's a good idea to do them every day, so we offer to email the questions to you every day - just sign up below.
Answer the questions below from the Gospel of John, Chapter 10.
You can download these questions to study the Gospel of John Chapter 10 on your own or with a partner if you like, or we can email the daily questions to you.
If you want us to email the daily questions, just complete the form below. You will get 6 emails with the questions for each day. A seventh email will allow you to compare your answers and take you to Chapter 11.
Click here to download a workbook.
1. As the Shepherd, how does Jesus lead us as his sheep? List 2 things from the figure of speech in verses 1-5.
2. How do we follow him as sheep? List 2 things from the figure of speech in verses 1-5.
3. Who do you think Jesus was referring to in verse 8?
1. List 3 benefits to us that Jesus offers us as the Good Shepherd provided in verses 7-13?
2. In this figure of speech Jesus states he is the Good Shepherd. Who are:
3. List 3 truths we can learn from Chapter 10 verses 17 and 18 of the Gospel of John.
1. How has the devil stolen, killed or destroyed things or people in your life; or how has Jesus provided you a life that is more abundant and full?
2. What did Jesus say that made some think that he was demon possessed and raving mad?
3. What is the relationship between the Feast of Dedication, the Festival of Lights, and Hanukkah?
1. Twice, in verses 25 and 32, Jesus points to the miracles he has done as witnesses that he is the Messiah. List the publicly performed miracles recorded in the Book of John that should have testified that Jesus was the Messiah from the following chapters:
2. What do the Jews imply by their question "How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly."
3. The scripture Jesus refers to in verse 34 is Psalm 82:6. Who are the gods referred to there?
1. In your own words, explain the logic of Jesus argument provided in Chapter 10 verses 35 and 36.
2. How could the Jews have discerned that Jesus did what the Father does as he challenged them to do in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verse 37?
3. Three times in this chapter Jesus calls for the Jews to believe in him not for what he says but because of the miracles he did publicly. Have you judged or been judged because of what you or someone said? Was that judgment later changed due to an observation of behavior?
1. Where was “the place where John at first baptized” Jesus went to as referred to in the Gospel of John Chapter 10, verse 40?
2. List 3 things John the Baptist said about Jesus Christ.
Click Here to Compare Your Answers for Gospel of John Chapter 10