The Gospel of John Chapter 17 is the last of the four chapters where Jesus teaches his disciples after the Last Supper.
Jesus tells the Apostles they will be persecuted, but they will see Him again! He states that He has already conquered the world and they will have their sorrow turned to joy.
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you have read the Scripture passage below, answer the following questions. It's a good idea to do them every day.
Answer the questions below from the Gospel of John, Chapter 17.
You can download these questions to study the Gospel of John Chapter 17 on your own or with a partner if you like.
If you want us to email the daily questions, just complete the form below. You will get 6 emails with the questions for each day. A seventh email will allow you to compare your answers and take you to Chapter 18.
Click here to download a workbook.
1. It says in verse 1 of the Gospel of John Chapter 17 Jesus prays after "These words spake Jesus”. What words are being referred to?
2. List 5 of the 8 things that Jesus states in the prayer that he has accomplished while on earth.
3. Is there a common theme or idea in these 8 accomplishments listed by Jesus?
1. List the 8 things that Jesus specifically asked God the Father to do in his prayer in the order they appear in the Gospel of John Chapter 17.
2. Who is being referred to with the use of the word “they” or ”them” in all of the first 20 verses in the Gospel of John Chapter 17?
3. Who is being referred to with the use of the word “they” or ”them” in verses 21 through 26 of the Gospel of John Chapter 17?
1. What does Jesus tell God the Father about “they” or “them” in the following verses from the Gospel of John Chapter 17?
2. What is eternal life?
1. What do we learn about God the Father’s power and abilities from the following verses from the Gospel of John Chapter 17? Complete the sentences
2. Cite the verses from the Gospel of John Chapter 17 that tell us the following about the world and those in it from Jesus’ prayer.
1. Jesus mentions glory or glorify 9 times in this prayer. He asks the Father to glorify the Son so that the Son can glorify the Father; Jesus states he has glorified the Father, and then asks the Father to glorify Jesus in His presence with the glory Jesus had before the world began; Jesus states that the disciples have brought glory to him and he has given them glory of the Father; and finally, Jesus asks the Father to let the disciples see Jesus’ glory that the Father gave him.
What does glory mean?
2. Why did Jesus offer this prayer to God the Father?
In the Gospel of John Chapter 17, verse 3 Jesus tell the Father that he has glorified him by completing the work that God gave him to do. What work has God given to you that will glorify God when you complete it?