Genesis Chapter 9 is the ninth of eleven in a series of studies of the first 11 chapters of the first book of the Bible. Which of Noah's three sons was cursed and why? How did Noah's family not become food for all the wild animals?
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you have read the Scripture passage below, answer the following questions. It's a good idea to do them every day.
1. What 3 similar commands or instructions did God give both Adam and Noah? List two things that were different between Adam and Noah.
2. Why did God speak of an accounting for the shedding of man’s blood in Genesis Chapter 9 verses 5 and 6?
3. What do verses 5 and 6 of Genesis Chapter 9 teach us about God? What do they teach us about His view of human life?
4. How does a reading of Genesis Chapter 9 verse 6 affect your perspective of capital punishment?
5. What was the covenant God established with Noah in Genesis Chapter 9? What was the sign of the covenant?
6. With whom did God make the covenant besides Noah?
7. God told Noah that He would now establish His covenant. How long had it been since God had told Noah that He will establish His covenant?
8. What is the meaning of a covenant?
9. What covenant did Jesus Christ establish between Himself and all believers at the Last Supper?
10. Are the other covenants provided in Genesis (Genesis 3:14-19; Genesis 12:1-7, 13:15; 17:7-8) still in effect today?
11. When Noah woke up, what did he prophesy would be the results of Ham’s actions from Genesis Chapter 9 verses 24-27?
12. Why did Ham tell his brothers about his father’s nakedness? Why was it wrong and what should he have done instead?
13. Is it a sin to drink alcoholic beverages? What about becoming drunk as a result of drinking alcohol as Noah was?
Click here to compare your answers.