Genesis Chapter 8 is the eighth of eleven in a series of studies of the first 11 chapters of the first book of the Bible.
How long was Noah and his family and all those animals in the ark?
Can you imagine leaving the ark after all that had happened?
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you have read the Scripture passage below, it's a good idea to answer the daily study questions.
1. From what we have seen of Noah’s character, what might he have been doing that “helped” God to “remember” him?
2. How long is a month according to Genesis Chapter 7, verse 11 and Genesis Chapter 8, verses 3-4? From reading the passages below, how long was Noah in the Ark?
3. Fill in the chart below with the time or reference points and events for chapter eight. Three references points from chapter seven are provided as an example.
4. Research the topic RAVEN with an online encyclopedia such as Wikipedia or another similar resource. From your research, why does a raven seem to have been the best choice for Noah to send out from the ark to assess the world’s situation?
5. In verse 7 it says that the raven Noah sent out “kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth.” What was the raven flying back and forth to and from?
6. Why did Noah send out a dove? How many times did Noah send out a dove? What was the result of each event?
7. Based on verses 4 and 14-19, how long did Noah remain in the ark after it came to rest on Mount Ararat? Clue: there are 12 months in a year.
8. What do you think were some of the difficulties Noah and his family had to overcome while they were in the ark? What is the longest or hardest time that you had to endure physical or emotional hardship. How did God help you get through and persevere through the hardship?
9. What does the dove symbolize in Christianity? Why do you think this is so?
10. Describe how you think Noah may have built the altar and how he might have chosen which animals to sacrifice on it. What were the two things God promised he would never do as a result of His pleasure with Noah’s sacrifice?
Click here to compare your answers.