Genesis Chapter 10 is the tenth of eleven in a series of studies of the first 11 chapters of the first book of the Bible.
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you have read the Scripture passage below, it's a good idea to answer the daily study questions.
Click here to download a worksheet (PDF file) to analyze the lineage of Noah.
1. Once you see the worksheet, print it out and study Genesis Chapter 10 so you can fill in the names for each box with a border. This gives you a picture of the family tree of Noah given to us in Genesis Chapter 10.
Hint: all names belonging in the boxes with a border are fathers
2. Now that you have filled in all the boxes with a border on them you can see the family tree of Noah. Now highlight or trace the line from Noah to Abram on the chart. This is the earthly lineage of the Savior Jesus Christ.
3. Genesis Chapter 10, verses 5, 20, & 31 gives us a four-fold division of each family. What are the four categories?
4. How are the descendants of Noah depicted in Ezekiel 38:1-6? Which line is mentioned?
5. In Ezekiel 38:13 another line is mentioned. Which is it and what are they doing?
6. Can you determine which of the three families of Noah you probably trace your lineage to? Why do we take pride in our ancestry?
Many times we hear people say such things as: “I am ¾ Italian, ¼ German etc.” Why does this mean so much to some folks?
7. How do the four divisions mentioned in Genesis Chapter 10, verses 5, 20, & 31 appear in Revelation 5:9 and what do we learn about Jesus as He relates to these four categories?
8. What are these same peoples doing in Revelation 7:9 & 10?
Click here to compare your answers.