Welcome to the fourth of six studies of the Book of Ephesians.
Ephesians Chapter 4 presents principles for the believer's conduct in the world. We learn how to walk worthy in the unity of the Spirit with faith and knowledge. We also discuss the old man and discover that we must put on the new man.
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you have read chapter four below, it's a good idea to answer the daily study questions. God Bless and enjoy your Bible study!
Columns at the ruins
of Ephesus in modern
1. What are the 4 things Paul exhorts the Ephesians to do in verses 1-3?
2. List the seven reasons for Paul’s call to unity in verse 3 that are provided in verses 4-6.
3. Listed below are 12 major Christian denominations from the World Almanac and Book of Facts. Not listed are hundreds of smaller churches not affiliated with a particular denomination and divisions amongst the different major denominations.
Seeing the seven aspects of oneness to Christianity in verses 4 through 6, why do you think there are so many different denominations today? Why do you think there was division in the early church?
1. What are the two aspects of Christian doctrine does Paul contrast in verses 4 through 13?
2. What does it mean when it states that Jesus “led captives in his train”?
3. Jesus gave us the gifts of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. These gifts progressively benefit the church. What are the 4 stated purposes for these gifts that build upon one another described in verses 11, 12 and 13? Also, describe in your own words what the end result of the gifts on the church should be.
1. Describe the two results or benefits of spiritual maturity provided in verses 14 and 15 of Ephesians Chapter 4.
2. The Living Bible translation of Col 3:10-11 says: You are living a brand new kind of life that is continually learning more and more of what is right, and trying constantly to be more and more like Christ who created this new life within you.
What do you think are the four habits we need to develop as individual believers to reach our spiritual maturity?
1. Who were the people in the following verses that were considered spiritually mature? Why?
2. Describe the 7 aspects of the life of the Gentiles provided in verses 17 through 19 of Ephesians Chapter 4.
3. Paul states that the Ephesians were taught certain things in verses 22 through 24. What were they taught?
List all the fifteen things we should do as Christians as provided in the following verses from Ephesians Chapter 4:
How are we to put off the old man and put on the new self? What can we do to renew our minds as it says in Romans 12:2?