This Bible study is based on the Gospel of John Chapter 3 where we find the story of Nicodemus. It contains perhaps the most quoted or most famous verse in the whole Bible - John 3:16.
Your learning comes from reading and studying the Bible. After you've read the Scripture passage below, answer the following questions.
It's a good idea to do them every day, so we offer to email the questions to you every day - just sign up below.
Answer the questions below. You can download these questions to work on your own, or we can email the daily questions to you.
If you want the questions emailed to you, complete the form below. You'll get 6 emails with daily questions for this Bible study of the Gospel of John Chapter 3. A seventh email will allow you to compare your answers and take you to Chapter 4.
Click here to download a workbook.
1. What can we learn of Nicodemus from the following verses from the Gospel of John?
2. For what reasons might Nicodemus have come to Jesus at night?
3. Who might Nicodemus mean in the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verse 2 when he says “we”?
1. Who might Jesus have been referring to when he used the word "we" in the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verse 11?
2. Why did Nicodemus visit Jesus?
3. List 6 spiritual truths stated by Jesus about himself in the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verses 13 through 18.
1. In the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verse 14 it states Moses lifted up the snake in the desert. Why did Moses do this?
2. What did Jesus mean when he said “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."
3. In the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verses 12 through 18 the word believe occurs 6 times. In verse 15, verse 16 and verse 18 (1st occurrence) state who should believe, what should be believed, and what benefit the belief brings.
1. The Gospel of John Chapter 3 verse 20 states “For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.” What does this verse tell us about the heart or conscience of mankind?
2. In the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verse 31, who is the one who comes from above and the one who is from the earth?
3. From the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verses 25 and 26 what might have been the specific issue of the argument between the disciples of John the Baptist and the Jews?
1. In the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verse 29 who are the bride, the bridegroom, and the Bridegroom’s friend?
2. Why did John say in the Gospel of John Chapter 3 verse 30 “He must increase; but I must decrease.”?
3. How in your life, can you become less and Jesus become greater?
1. Which verse in the Gospel of John Chapter 3 describes God’s love for the world and which verses describe God’s love for Jesus Christ?
2. List the different names or natures that are attributed to Jesus Christ in the Gospel of John Chapter 3, verses 2, 13, 18, 19, 29, 31, and 34.
3. Cite the 3 verses in the Gospel of John Chapter 3 that clearly and specifically state the idea that whosoever believes in Jesus Christ has eternal life.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.