Colossians Chapter 2 - This is the second of four weekly studies on the Book of Colossians. In this chapter we read along as the Apostle Paul explains that Christians are in danger of being cheated by philosophy. This is still true for Christians today where some mistakenly say that you need something besides, or in addition to, the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. Where is Laodicea? Why would Paul mention his concern for the believers at Laodicea to the believers at Colosse?
2. Why was Paul struggling for the Colossian believers as mentioned in Colossians Chapter 2 verse 1?
3. Have you ever had a burden for somebody you have never met? How did you handle that situation? What did you do?
1. Why did Paul tell the Colossians that he was struggling for them?
2. What are the four things Paul warns the Colossians about in verses 4, 8, 16, and 18?
3. Are the four warnings relevant today to Christians? What are some examples?
1. What is the antidote provided for the warning four warnings of verses 4, 8, 16 and 18?
2. What does the word angel mean? (Use a Bible dictionary – You can find one online just click here)
What do we learn of angels from the following verses:
1. What do Colossians Chapter 2 verses 9 and 10 do for us as Christians? What need is met by the truth that we have been given fullness in Christ?
2. Which of man’s problems discussed in Colossians Chapter 2 verses 11 through 15 are remedied by Christ?
3. Are the same judgments about Christians mentioned in Colossians Chapter 2 verse 16 being made today? What are some examples? What should our response be to such judgments?
1. What does this second Chapter of Colossians provide us in the way of identifying false religions?
2. What is the theme of this second Chapter of Colossians? Describe the theme using a single sentence.